VOLTA 2 is a high-power 2-channel portable ultrasonic instrument custom-designed for Electro Magnetic Acoustic Transducer (EMAT) applications. It features patented pulser technology capable of generating from 1-10 cycles at up to 1,000Vpp to satisfy the most energy-demanding EMAT applications in a compact and rugged package.
VOLTA 2 uses Innerspec Technologies Operating Platform (ITOP) with NDT-WEB application software. The instrument broadcasts a WiFi signal that permits remote control of the instrument from the removable phone/tablet (included) or from any connected wireless device using a standard web interface.
Applications & Software Options
EMAT & DCUT Applications:
Default General Application includes:
Optional Software Applications:
- MRUT for flaw detection with medium-range ultrasonic guided waves
- MRUT SIZING. To provide remaining wall measurements on pipelines using MRUT axial scanning
- LRUT-LITE for flaw detection with long-range ultrasonic guided waves using an axisymmetric magnetostrictive band in Pulse-Echo
- LRUT-FOCUS for focusing LRUT with a patented receiver scanner
- THIN WELDS for the inspection of welds under 6mm using Guided Waves.
- STRESS MEASUREMENT FOR RAILROAD WHEELS
- NON-LINEAR UT for damage characterization in early stages
- EXPERT for researchers and advanced practitioners permits creating custom configurations with standard and advanced software tools and filters (FFT, IFFT, TCG, SAFT, Spectrograms, Dispersion Curves, Cancellation, Normalization, and Suppression).